Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Michael Yon message from Afghan tribal leader Ajmal Khan -- Pakistani ISI, Border Police and Taliban connections to attack.

From Michael Yon's Facebook- 
I posted recently that Afghan tribal leader Ajmal Khan (Aj Zazai) was ambushed apparently by Pakistani Taliban. I emailed Aj to ask more but he was in the tribal areas, I was told, and could not access his account. Just got this email from Aj. Notice the last sentence. Will ask him more next time we meet.

---

Dear Michael,

Pleased to hear from you. Yes, it was a very close call

and luckily I survived it. The attack took place on the 21st of May

Friday around 5:30 pm. I along with my bodyguards in four SUV were

coming from Ali Khell (FOB Herrera) to my compound that an IED went

off in two meters of my vehicle and then ambushed by RPG rockets and

heavy machine guns. The attack took place near a village (Lar

Lewanee). My driver and one accompany vehicle manged to escape from

the killing zone, but when I saw that one of my vehicle along with my

bodyguards got trapped, I stopped 200 meters in distance from the

killing zone and came back to the killing zone by foot along with my 8

bodyguards to rescue my other 4 bodyguards.

There was a rain of heavy machine guns on us, my bodyguards were

trapped in the killing zone and their vehicle was hit by an IED. I did

not have enough bullets and heavy machine guns, with a pistol and AK

47s there was not much we could do, so I called my TPF (Tribal Police

Force) commander (Amir Mohammad) and he managed to come to our rescue

in 45 minutes.

I along with my bodyguards, were under fire for 45 minutes and as soon

as my TPF commander arrived, he manged to push back the insurgents by

firing heavy machine guns and RPG at them and broke the siege and we

managed to get to safety.

The Border Police post is 10 minutes away from where we were trapped,

but the Commander of the Border Police force (Mohammad Nabi) has deep

ties with Pakistani ISI. This attack was fully facilitated by

Commander Nabi and he is there on the border to facilitated the

insurgents. Commander Nabi helps the insurgents to cross the border

and also facilitate their release when an insurgent gets caught by the

US forces.